The magnetic switch is reliable and easy to use in any rocket installation. It features:
- 3 combination mounting holes and wire terminals, with built-in solder holes for flexible, easy installation
- On/Off activation range of 1” with a small rare-earth magnet (included)
- Small footprint of 0.75” x 0.55” (1.4 cm x 1.9 cm)
- Current capability of 20 Amps for one second, or 12 Amps continuously.
- Flexible input voltage range of 3.5 to 16 V
- Low quiescent current draw of under 3 micro-Amps. This switch can be left in standby for over a week without significantly draining even a tiny 135 mAhr lithium polymer battery.
- 100% solid-state surface-mount components, professionally assembled in the USA
- The output power state is indicated by a blue LED
- Each switch is individually tested.
This switch is an easy and fun way to arm and disarm any rocketry altimeter, without needing any exterior holes to be drilled or aligned. Just connect the battery to the + and Ground terminals, and connect the altimeter power to the output terminal. The switch is fun to turn on and off even when it’s not arming a rocket, working with a wave of a magnet as if by magic.